State of Minnesota - intern | Glassdoor

"intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Saint Paul, MN
Former Intern - Intern in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at State of Minnesota as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good friendly nice job here great
I like it very much

Cons

no pay I cant do for long

Advice to Management

good

Other Employee Reviews for State of Minnesota

"Real people!"

Current Contractor - Systems Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Contractor - Systems Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at State of Minnesota as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

After 15 years in corporate America, I came to work for the State and haven't looked back. If you visit any state agency, you see real people, of all ages, genders, ethnicities, colors, and abilities. They are devoted and work with a lot of passion. Money isn't the driving force for most. Instead, they get a lot of meaning from helping those they serve. In other words, these look like people in my neighborhood. Plus, it's a place where you don't feel like a pariah if you are over forty and/or are a person with a disability. My work is meaningful and I can see that already it's making a positive difference in the lives of the people I serve.

Cons

Yes, the salaries aren't as high as they are in most corporate jobs and, wherever there are people, there are politics. However, those are the only downsides I've encountered -- and they are not major downsides at all. I have to park far, far away, but, the nice thing is, that with all of that daily exercise I've given up my health club membership!

Advice to Management

Can't think of anything.

"stuck in the slow lane"

Current Employee - Customer Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at State of Minnesota full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are strong, as would be with most state governments roles.

Cons

Lack of training, budget and complete lack of vision. With rotating leadership, can states really create better systems? People fear change, so they under budget or over inflate their needs to create a system that they(the individual) thinks will keep his or her budget dollars flowing. This coupled with the fact that before, during , and after every election as scramble occurs to gain understanding of the newest administration.

Advice to Management

I dont know if advice could work, but after working here less than a year... I see why people in the general public find state employee lazy and lacking in quality.