Statistics Canada - Methodical, Well organized, well stocked and always ready to interview | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Statistics Canada

"Methodical, Well organized, well stocked and always ready to interview"

Current Contractor - Froontline in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Contractor - Froontline in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Statistics Canada as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Well executed, organized and never caught without supplies/direction and without a clear mandate. Sometimes the operation is too organized and expects machine like performance form human personnel

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for the depth of detail to glean from informants and sometimes rude, abusive or violent individuals. So you may get pressure from both sides for just trying to do your job.

Advice to Management

Take some time to reverse roles with the front-line personnel once in a while it will be a real eye opener

Other Employee Reviews for Statistics Canada

1. "2011 Statistics Canada Enumerator"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Statistics Canada as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for census, paid mileage, training sessions with supervisor. RCMP security check process was fairly quick.

Cons

Have to return 2 or 3 times to non-compliant households. Might receive a few unpleasant comments from citizens not wanting to fill out the census.

Advice to Management

Dififcult to explain as this contract was for 5 months only.

2. "A great experience of working for Statistics Canada"

Pros

All the co-workers were fantastic people to work with. They were always there to help me out when I was in need. My supervisor was extremely nice.

Cons

The only downside was sometimes I had to work long hours. I remember once I finished working at around 2am and I was exhausted because I was working and taking three summer courses at a university.

Advice to Management

All the orientation and training sessions were great and they helped me a lot in the subsequent work.