Statoil - International headoffice, yet with Norwegian pride | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Statoil

"International headoffice, yet with Norwegian pride"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oslo (Norway)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oslo (Norway)

I have been working at Statoil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work and life balance is a great addon. If you want to leave your work at 15:00 or 16:00, then this is the place to be. But if you have some aspirations and want to progress with your career, then you should really consider if this company is the right for you.

Cons

This is my second review of Statoil. I have now moved from the main headoffice in Stavanger to the international headoffice in Oslo. The atmosphere is more relaxed here, but I expected the work pace to be much higher than it turned out. Most of international employees here are adapting quickly to the work environment, you see people spending more time drinking coffee and having hour long lunch breaks. If this company is due to cut its cost and increase competitiveness, they must start with their work culture. I don't think I will be for much longer.

Advice to Management

Change your attitude towards young international employees. You should drive and encourage performance, and not discourage it by sending your employees home at 1500, 1600. It appears that the CEO is not seeing the problem. The company has its own corporate priority group of something 150 employees and while most of them Norwegian, its very much politics on how they get promoted. If you can play the political game within Statoil, then you will have a chance to boost your career. As I don't consider this workplace to be a political arena, I would rather prefer to get to my work, get the job done on high quality and then go home when I have to, not when I am being told to.

Other Employee Reviews for Statoil

1. "Awesome"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Haugesund (Norway)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Haugesund (Norway)

I worked at Statoil as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

A great workplace with great people and a wonderful bonuses. Not much else to say other than to say that it was worth the time.

Cons

Not that much to say really, kinda sucks to work for the government. The work is restrictive and they are strict on work hours.

"great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Graduate Program in Stavanger (Norway)
    Current Employee - Graduate Program in Stavanger (Norway)

I have been working at Statoil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

on job training, challenging, caring and helpful environment

Cons

low salaries, lack of foreign staff at top management