Steak n Shake - Grill Cook | Glassdoor

"Grill Cook"

Pros

Easy,fast,job, location, good co workers

Cons

low pay, need advancements, need a raise

Advice to Management

upgrade your pay from 7.25 for grill cook

Other Employee Reviews for Steak n Shake

1. "This job taught me a lot of things."

Former Employee - Hostess
    Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Steak n Shake part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Usually the coworkers and managers are fun to be around. Everyone for the most part is personable. Managers ALWAYS lend a hand. I learned about organization and efficiency while working here.

Cons

As a hostess, I always worked long hours (8-10). Only two days week. Breaks were always short . I don't understand why we never had a busser. Hosts always end up bussing every table because servers are lagging. Call you in the last minute or day before to see if you can work. They always put only two people on the cash register when there is 60 people in the restaurant eating and 20 people working. Training was inadequate. For minimum wage, seating customers, running cash, bussing, and doing side work is not worth it. Always hosting by yourself or with someone only until 4 or 5.

Advice to Management

There needs to be at least two bussers on the floor. Their should be at least two people who run the cash register and NOTHING ELSE. There should be at least two hosts from 12 pm to 10 pm on weekends. Managers need to stop short changing and hire the right amount of people. There is no reason why staff should be running short. Take time out to train your employees adequately. Please keep facilities cleaner and the schedule should be set in stone once it is up.

2. "Great environment with room for advancement!"

Pros

Plenty of room to advance, well developed associate and management training, high tempo work pace, and hardly ever any dull moments.

Cons

Long hours and peak periods can get stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Be aware of the moral in each and every unit and make quick changes to accommodate outlier units.