Steak n Shake - It is a minimum wage job. What do you expect? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Steak n Shake

"It is a minimum wage job. What do you expect?"

I have been working at Steak n Shake part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are nice and friendly.

Cons

The scheduling is bad. It is hard work.

Other Employee Reviews for Steak n Shake

"Amazing company to work for if you are a hard worker and willing to prove yourself"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable room for advancement if you can build a team, run your shifts and do what you agreed to.....provide results and make guests happy!

Cons

bonuses change 2x a year. not able to pay the amazing staff that makes it happen everyday what they deserve to be paid.

Advice to Management

corporate has to realize that it is the "LITTLE people" that make a great store. To have a 14pt store you MUST have everyone in the BOH crosstrained in EVERY position. They are the ones that put out perfect product and they do deserve more. Also there is too much paper work for an RTS and nothing extra in pay?

2. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a general manager I can somewhat make my own schedule, although they give you an 11 point guideline you must meet

Cons

What isn't a con with this company. They micro manage EVERYTHING!!! They hire a lot of men managers that sexually harrass the female servers, then give them a slap on the hand and fire the employee. (I'm a female, but i've seen this many times.) The company as a whole is anti female. They never pay your bonuses out on time, and they change the bonus plan multiple times a year then expect you to memorize how this structure works overnight. They come up with a "new crazy rule" every so often. The newest one is managers can't be in the office from 11am-330pm and then 6pm-10pm. So even if I have ONE table in the dining room at 3 pm I'm not supposed to enter the office and work on any paperwork type stuff until 330. It's very insulting that you don't trust me as a general manager to run my store.

Advice to Management

Just let us run the D*** stores. If they are green get out of our way and stop nitpicking EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING. And stop setting unrealistic expectations of us, with minimum staffing...stop changing what you want every 5 seconds.