Stein Eriksen Lodge - Stein Eriksen Lodge is my family | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stein Eriksen Lodge

"Stein Eriksen Lodge is my family"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Park City, UT
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Park City, UT

I have been working at Stein Eriksen Lodge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This amazing independent hotel has achieved service excellence that exceeds larger brands. As Utah's only Forbes 5-Star & AAA 5-Diamond, Stein Eriksen Lodge treats its team members like family and has shown great loyalty to it's tenured staff that often times supersedes clear cut business decisions. As an example, I was amazed to see after peak season bonuses handed out even when the financial targets didn't quite make the mark. I've been a part of large brands that haven't paid a bonus since before the recession hit. They have a monthly Appreciation Day, Quarterly Team Member 5-Star Recognition, outings to Lagoon Day for the entire family, Ski Season passes, End of Season Parties, great benefits and so much more. I am proud to be a Stein Eriksen Lodge team member and can honestly say that this is the best company to work for in Utah.

Cons

I hope they open up more hotels. However, they are part of Preferred Hotel Group which offers employee rates at hotels around the world.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thank you for always being willing to do anything and everything for our guests and your employees

Other Employee Reviews for Stein Eriksen Lodge

"Great place for a vacation, not to work."

Current Employee - Group Coordinator in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Group Coordinator in Park City, UT

I have been working at Stein Eriksen Lodge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers in my department are all great to work with and I enjoy working with them. Free lunch and dinner are provided on the premises for all employees in the cantine. The lodge is an amazing piece of property with excellent views and I relish any time I get to spend outside.

Cons

The overall culture of Stein Eriksen Lodge is one that favors the management and disregards the lower level employees. For the most part, management seems to be out of touch with the rest of their employees and unwilling to implement proposed changes to improve the culture of the company. It seems that management talks about the "team" aspect of the company and how all of us should be "teammates" just because they think it sounds like the right thing to say, but when it comes down to it, they are just words that management doesn't care to act on. The company has "team member appreciation" days once a month where they cook a "special" meal and management is supposed to go mingle amongst the employees, take their plates for them when they are through, etc... At the most recent iteration of the event all the CEO did was sit at a table secluded from all the other employees and talk to one of his other upper management friends the entire time he was there. Not once did he even acknowledge me, much less offer any assistance with my plates.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to care and actually show some appreciation or just stop talking so much about how much you care. Either way is fine, but don't try and tell me you care about us little employees when you clearly don't even give us a second thought.

2. "Fun atmosphere, great benefits."

I worked at Stein Eriksen Lodge full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits including ski pass reimbursement, fantastic health insurance, fun work environment.

Cons

Pay isn't the best, but they can get away with it because its a great resume-builder. Forbes 5 Star, AAA 5 Diamond property and all...