Stein Mart - Old Ladies. Old Ladies EVERYWHERE. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stein Mart

"Old Ladies. Old Ladies EVERYWHERE."

Former Employee - Cashier in Greenville, NC
Former Employee - Cashier in Greenville, NC

I worked at Stein Mart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A slow pace means not much stress, lots of time to get things done. The customers are usually very friendly and personable. I didn't get too many hours while I was working there which actually worked out for me. Overall I was fairly satisfied with how I was treated, management was understanding when I needed to take time off and they were more then eager to help me learn how things worked.

Cons

Corporate is always pushing for people working the registers to try and get customers to sign up for stein mart credit cards, if you're not comfortable trying to pushing customers into giving you there credit card information then you may not want to apply. Over all this store is a higher quality bargain outlet store than most but anything fancy about it is just on the surface. At the end of the day it's just another bargain outlet store.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Maybe don't pressure employees to push sales so much.

Other Employee Reviews for Stein Mart

1. "Great place to work but with the change in management..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Keller, TX

I have been working at Stein Mart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a pretty laid back job and I like the people I work with. If you get employee of the month you receive $50 gift card and employee of the year gets $250. It's an easy job and I've seen people in my store get promoted to management. Also Stein Mart is very flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Short on payroll a lot so hours get cut especially after Christmas. We're not able to stay too long after we close so we have to make sure everything is done before the store closes which an be stressful, especially when the hours are cut to where only one person closes in a department. The customers can be very needy since they're older.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and know that associates are able to do things outside of their normal duties (like putting out freight or moving things around)

"Poor representation of fashion company in Florida"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Stein Mart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

business casual dress code, free flu shots

Cons

poor management, little morale, poor pay, strategies changed on daily basis making it hard to analyze business, non uniform strategies