Steiner Education - Inspirational Dialogue to motivate employees and students but Corporate does not support the dialogue | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Steiner Education

"Inspirational Dialogue to motivate employees and students but Corporate does not support the dialogue"

Former Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a former teacher, it was amazing to see students become bodyworkers and fulfill their dreams. I loved sharing my extensive experience now that I am a retired therapist. The curriculum is great and provides an amazing foundation for the students to begin their career.

Cons

Required to work Fridays after putting in over 40 hours Monday through Thursday, no overtime because we are salary- but we are not paid if we are out sick after a holiday. Routinely scheduled for triple shifts because of a shortage of teachers. The admissions do not screen students, teachers are asked to put up with students that are mentally ill and physically unable to perform a 40 minute student massage when this career is very physically demanding. I was screamed at by students, had students walk out of the classroom because they didn't like my attitude when they were late- and they were "written up" but allowed to remain ( they don't want to lose that federal money!) The pay is really low and the demand is high which results in a constant turn over of supervisors and teaching staff.

Advice to Management

Re-implement Classroom managers and allow the teachers to just teach their craft! Stricter policies about dismissing students.

Other Employee Reviews for Steiner Education

"Less than a scrupulous company to work for..."

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

It's a job and they offer (minimal) discounts on massages...

Cons

I have never worked for such a "cheap" company. This organization cares nothing for the satisfaction or comfort of its employees. They constantly are telling employees one thing then changing, more times than not, without notice. Management rarely shows any appreciation for the level of hard work provided by employees and very rarely makes mention of accomplishments of individual achievement. If you are seeking employment, I would greatly suggest to you to pass this company by. They exploit and overwork their staff without recognition or fair compensation. Most people within the company are currently seeking other employment opportunities.

Advice to Management

There is no advise I can offer these people. they know they are providing a poor work environment and exploiting their employees. What can be said to that or suggested?

"In the Begining there was a lot of Potential. Then it became very Unfulfilling!"

Former Employee - Admissions in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions in Maitland, FL

Pros

Helping students reach their potential and acheive their Dreams! The programs are the Best for Massage Therapy and Skin Care.

Cons

The way you are treated and spoken to on a regular basis. You are only as good as todays efforts, forget the award you got last week saying you were the best employee in the region. Management treats students as dollar signs not as individuals with families and real life problems. Don't ask for a new computer because you will not get one, even if yours is from 1990 and the screen is fuzzy! A multi million dollar company with old computers, 1 broken copier, 1 old fax machine. You have weekly meetings where you are to tell everyone why you are a bad employee. It's really motivating!

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, honesty and care! You will get it back 2x and people will work harder and more enthusiastically. Take the time to get to know your staff and not look at them like they are all disposable. Every time you threaten employees with their jobs we do not get motivated to work harder. We all go home and update our resumes! FEAR is not a motivator!!!