Steiner Education - Great People | Glassdoor

"Great People"

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Decent hours. Alternate weekends off. Free massages.

Cons

The pay was not very high.

Other Employee Reviews for Steiner Education

"Poor Employee Retention."

Pros

Excellent curriculum, one of the better ones in the business.

Cons

Regardless if you have one of the best massage therapy education programs on the planet, for the amount of work salaried employees have to put in each week (50 to 60), the low pay is not worth making a career for yourself within this organization.

Advice to Management

Look at ways to increase salaries and wages, to help retain your better instructors. Until then, current and prospective employees will always view you as just a stepping stone to move on to bigger and better things and your company will not achieve it's full potential.

"Admissions Representative"

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun to talk to students, get free massage all the time...fun people to work with.

Cons

Unattainable expectations, lack of respect and appreciation from Directors up to executive team. In all the years I have worked there, I can count on one hand how many times anyone was told they did a good job, and of the times that I did hear I did a good job, it was followed with what I need to do better and extensive lecture on whatever my lowest metric was. If the Director decided they dont like you, start looking for a new job as it will only be a matter of time before they conjure up a ridiculous reason to fire you. In fact, they will make something up just to get rid of you. They wont pay severance and will fight unemployment. If you arent part of the executive team's network, you wont see any advancement. As an admissions rep, you are the second highest paid employee at the campus; however, that is because they dont pay anyone very well. Example: the Student Services Advisor makes $12/hr. They will never allow for overtime and if you do go over, they will require you to work less hours the next week, which is against the law. If you decide to take vacation you will get lectured and it will be held against you. There only marketing strategy is via online and you will be required to call each prospect up to six times per day. You will be held to several metrics and even if you hit all but one of them, you will get written up and told that if you dont get it above the minimum within the next ten weeks then you will be fired. They lead through fear and intimidation.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation, reward success, play fair.