Stella & Dot - Kleenex- useful when it's needed, but always thrown away when you're done using it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

"Kleenex- useful when it's needed, but always thrown away when you're done using it."

Former Employee - Operations in San Bruno, CA
Former Employee - Operations in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Stella & Dot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced startup with a couple of the nice perks- healthy snacks and tea in the kitchen, yoga class once a week, great discount on the product, and the jewelry is very trendy and wearable. The company truly upholds it's vision and spirit when the focus is Stylist- Facing those are the 30,000 sales team who make 100% of the revenue for the company.

Cons

Management is under pressure from the investors to keep growing both horizontally in new product offerings and vertically to new markets, as well as evolve the technology quickly. It's like riding a bicycle while you're riding it. A lot of fun, but you realize no one has installed brake levers so you can't stop.

Advice to Management

Don't "churn & burn" people so much at the HO (home office). Invest in the vision that the company's greatest asset is it's PEOPLE, including the slaves at HO working 12+ hours a day for you for a paycheck and zero commission.

Other Employee Reviews for Stella & Dot

"Amazing, powerful leadership with a focus on entrepreneurialism"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Pros

The top management is very focused on the expansion of the company, and in the CEO's words, "put more money in the hands of our valued Stylists". We internal folks behind the scenes at this powerhouse e-commerce DSA jewelry and lifestyle company live & breathe the mantra every day. We also are very focused the creation of a new platform to enhance the end user experience and create a unique social selling platform that will make our competitors cringe and scamper to copy. The Sequoia infusion of capital was just another testimony to the benchstrength we have in the top management team.

Cons

Seriously not many yet. They preach work/life balance, but as we all know during busy periods that is pretty much ignored and several departments have several employees burning the midnight oil to meet company-wide deliverables. The overall benefits package needs a complete and utter rehaul, and they can't seem to find an HR manager to suit the company's current needs plus growth, and the employees are still waiting......

Advice to Management

Keep it going strong! A few small fixes to the employee benefit package, perhaps more mid-managment meetings across departmental lines to enhance communications. Not a whole lot of gripes honestly.

2. "Mechanical kings"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Anyar (India)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Anyar (India)

I have been working at Stella & Dot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm working rotational shift. I willing to work relocated.

Cons

I work project coordinator in many cases.
    Friendly tech with work completed on time.

Advice to Management

Tomorrow not conform. Today is true .