Stella & Dot - Honest Feedback | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Honest Feedback"

I have been working at Stella & Dot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is comprised of hard working individuals who are extremely passionate about what they do. We have done wonderful things for communities through foundations, IBO's and our own employees giving back. It is exciting to be part of a growing company that has allowed me use my knowledge to help build my department. I am proud to see how far we have come.

Cons

As the company matures, compensation will need to be addressed throughout the organization, not just in certain pockets. A better plan needs to be put in place for career growth and for internal training. A plan that is not just discussed but actually executed on. Money has to be spent in this area to retain/grow talent. Flexible work arrangements and other company perks need to be reassessed and matched company wide. Execs need to support and build trust in their teams to execute tasks- allow employees to do what they were hired to do without micro management. If you find yourself overseeing/redlining so much, perhaps don't hire a person for that role and take on the task yourself. It creates a lot of frustration when people feel their work is constantly retooled. Be timely with performance feedback- and be honest. Peers should be doing the same with each other as well.

Advice to Management

It is time to take stock of the employee side of the business, not just the IBO side. Show employees you are willing to invest in them - training, flex schedules, benefits, proper staffing and equality across sites. Create a recognition program that is more then once a year, offer a way for managers to reward employees, etc. We know the bottom line is important, but at times it seems we are too caught up to recognize/celebrate the great things we have accomplished. Let's live in the moment more!

Stella & Dot Response

Aug 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. Have you looked into joining the Think Tank where you can share your ideas and help make a difference in the company's culture? If the Think Tank is not for you, the People... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Love Stella & Dot!"

Current Freelancer - Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Freelancer - Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stella & Dot (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being a stylist is flexible and fun!

Cons

Samples can be quite expensive

2. "Stylist"

Former Freelancer - Sales Representative/Stylist in Chino, CA
    Former Freelancer - Sales Representative/Stylist in Chino, CA

I worked at Stella & Dot (More than a year)

Pros

Running your business can be fun and you could be successful. It gives you a chance to network and make business and personal relationships.

Cons

Not enough sales if someone doesn't want to buy

Discover more reviews about Stella & Dot.