Stephens - My tangled mess of an experience, probably a unique one | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stephens

"My tangled mess of an experience, probably a unique one"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Little Rock, AR

Pros

I loved the location, professional atmosphere, and friendly employees. My immediate supervisors, the executives I supported, were challenging and respectful of my ability to think and achieve.

Cons

Due to a negative impression a supervisor on the other side of the building had formed of me, based on gossip by coworkers who didn't understand the scope of a project that was keeping me extraordinarily busy, a misunderstanding that was acknowledged not to be my fault led to a severe chewing out that I simply didn't deserve. My immediate supervisors, who knew the situation, supported me, but ultimately my somewhat Pollyanna view of class equality and failure to recognize how my busy-ness could be perceived put me in a position in which I felt the best action was to resign. I learned a lot and am not sorry I worked there. I would advise others to be aware that senior management does expect you not to treat them like equal friends and to be a little more careful and wise than I was about assuming that people who barely know you will assume the best simply because you do of others. However, again, I think it's a great place to work and that (without my history there, of course) I would cheerfully do so again...now that I understand the world better and have grown up a bit.

Advice to Management

You might do well to find ways to let the little people feel important, as there's a definite perception that you think you're a few floors above them in more than the physical sense. Having said that, you're doing a great job creating a luxe, professional atmosphere that draws people to want to work for you and achieve great things.

Other Employee Reviews for Stephens

"Good stability if you have no career aspirations and are content with status quo"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Very flexible for people who have families

Cons

Works on the "good ole boy" network
    95% of women are assistants and always will be
    Does not promote on qualifications but rather on tenure
    No career path

Advice to Management

If you are going to put the time and money into hiring an employee and getting them licensed, put some effort into giving them job options and retaining them

2. "Professional and fun"

Pros

High deal flow
    Professional enviroment
    good pay
    technichal exposure
    interesting projects

Cons

workload is very high and intense
    long-hours which means no sleep at all
    fire drills
    only guys

Advice to Management

Nothing really - very competent and professional.