Steria - Working in Steria | Glassdoor

"Working in Steria"

Current Employee - Database Administrator
Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at Steria full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Market Rate pay.
Contributory Pension
Flexible benefits.
Treated with respect.
Paid overtime.
Gym.
Comfortable working conditions.

Cons

Terrible internal IT applications which are outsourced to India. Indian Ofiice don't understand account needs and many have difficulty understanding Uk accents and vice-versa - like Indian equivalent of Rab C Nesbitt!

Head Office interfere with management of account without understanding impact. Head Office don't fully understand UK MoD constraints. Line Management run by Head Office and have limited idea of local staff matters or business need.

Advice to Management

Delegate responsibility to local management. Make Assignment Manager the Line Manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Steria

1. "A place where I have the flexibility to be myself, yet be a part of a family like environment"

Current Employee - BPO Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - BPO Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Steria full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. Our particular group consists of extremely talented people who are willing to help at short notice and who know their respective domains inside out. I also appreciate the work-life balance this company offers me, as I am able to spend time with my family as well as taking care of my official commitments.

Cons

The salary being offered is below expectations. Also, the business community I am in could do with some sort of incentive programme that rewards successful solutions.

Advice to Management

Focus more on selling and delivering what we already do well, rather than pursuing avenues where we have very little or no capability.

2. "Typical Government organization"

Former Employee - Project Leader in Greater Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Project Leader in Greater Noida (India)

I worked at Steria full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work culture and employe friendly environment
    Stability in terms of jobs as haven't seen anyone being asked to leave in 2 years (even when recession was at peak)
    All departments including HR, Finance, Facilities etc works in tandem and are friendly and supportive (having seen real bad closed door HRs in previous organization, that was a respite here)

Cons

Senior Management is in ept and lacks basic leadership skill
    Sales Team is also a complete non performer as they failed to fetch any new business in the recent years

Advice to Management

Hire some robust and energetic leaders to lead from the front and take the bull by its horns if at all they wish to survive in domestic arena