Stericycle - Not what it seems | Glassdoor

"Not what it seems"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extra hours to pick up (while it lasts )

Cons

Poor management. Choose not to address what's right in front if them. Supervisors who pretend to work ... Great at acting busy

Advice to Management

Replace management & hire those who can actually manage. Stop with favoritism we all see it. Rules don't apply to all Treat employees more than just a number Years of dedication should mean something Many have stop caring & only here for a paycheck

Other Employee Reviews for Stericycle

"Overall it was pleasant. But hard at times as well"

Former Employee - Hospital Service Supervisor
    Former Employee - Hospital Service Supervisor

I worked at Stericycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was good, Flex time, Company car, cell phone, Benefits. All the Fringe benefits were pretty good. We worked hard and we played hard.

Cons

Upper management support, Leadership development, a change in culture was needed but not everyone supported that notion. I worked my butt off for no recognition on a job well done.

Advice to Management

When you see obvious leaders and visionary people please do not waste them or feel threaten they will only make you look better in the long run.

"1st Year Here"

Current Employee - Quality Regulatory Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Quality Regulatory Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the team dynamics and the companies emphasis on "One Team One Goal." A very cohesive culture.

Cons

The work life balance is not great. There is hardly any difference in being a salaried employee as to hourly.

Advice to Management

Make an effort to focus on the work being completed rather than the time. There is no benefit to your salaried employees working to be more efficient if you are nit picking about every minute spent. It makes employees slow down to make the work last all day instead of being innovative and motivated to do better work in a better time frame. I've seen teams of Stericycle employees work diligently to accommodate clients and help their team mates. They love what they do. Don't stifle that with micromanaging.