Sterling Financial (WA) - Absolutley Great company to work for! Always ready and willing to give employees the chance to advance if wanted. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Financial (WA)

"Absolutley Great company to work for! Always ready and willing to give employees the chance to advance if wanted."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Lakeview, OR
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Lakeview, OR

I have been working at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Truly a caring company. Good benefits and great opportunity for advancement. Hometown helpful bank with expectations of great customer service as should any place be and always looking to benefit our customers not "sell" to them.

Cons

I sadly feel that somethings are greatly overlooked with upper management. I have only worked in one of the smaller territories but feel that either upper management is not involved in some of the situations that they need to be or are just too busy (which i could understand) to deal with some situations that cause loss's of great employees, and bad mouthing towards Sterling BAnk. If there is one bad egg in the group and it has clearly been complained about by customers and employees leaving and complaints not being dealt with then eliminate the bad egg and get the team back on track to manage their bank like a business, if someone is clearly causing loss, how do you grow a company.

Advice to Management

If anyone complains to the care center about management or anything to do with a branch, the manager gets that email even if it was a complaint about them. ive seen people be put on the spot and let all of their aggrivations out after being called out for getting ahold of the call center, and then asked if the district mngr or TE needed to contact them and they absolutley wanted someone else to talk to them, then watched the manager call the DM and tell them they handled the customer and everything was smoothed over yet the customer will be leaving shortly because they didnt feel it was dealt with, hence no call back. Too many things like that, and most certainly when HR is involved for anything, follow up with all sides to the story, or lawsuits will be happening and what a great company to have to even think about doing that to for just a bad rotten egg.

Other Employee Reviews for Sterling Financial (WA)

"Typical lender workplace"

Former Employee - Appraisal Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Appraisal Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well-intended management, and solid benefits package

Cons

Limited training and development opportunities

"I love my job!!!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is great to work for a locally based bank. We have the ability to provide competitive products with amazing customer service.

Cons

We need more branches to grow our business.