Sterling Jewelers - Great job to start out in sales as a stepping stone for future opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Jewelers

"Great job to start out in sales as a stepping stone for future opportunities."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sterling Jewelers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to advance within company if you perform well and are 6 for 6 in standards for YTD. If you land a Sales associate position at a high volume store that hits levels, you can make good commission, especially over the holiday season.

Cons

Office culture is gossipy, nosy, and unprofessional. There is often poor leadership due to lack of employees to promote, and it's not a good place for a work life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for Sterling Jewelers

"bigger does not mean better"

I have been working at Sterling Jewelers (More than 3 years)

Pros

not a 9-5 office job

Cons

schedule is never the same week to week...can not make plans for a healthy lifestyle

"10 year employee/Store Manager"

I have been working at Sterling Jewelers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Incentives, Promotes from Within, Great team work environment, 401k, Stocks,

Cons

Quality of life, poor pay for regular sales associate's, Not fair expectations for Non Kay and Jared stores

Advice to Management

Change managers to 40 hour work weeks, except during Holidays. This would greatly benefit the company as overworking Managers just leads to quick burn outs and lack of engagement.
     Also, we have a major need for differentiation between Kay and off brand stores, most especially those located in the same mall as one another.
     In addition, Sterling would see less turn over and more engaged and dedicated employees if the pay rate was higher. You get what you pay for. We ask for a lot of our people, the pay should reflect that. Keeping employees longer equals more money for Sterling in the long run. Ie..established employees have established clientele. Ie.. Established employees are engaged and want to move up. I could go on. But hope you catch my drift..