Steve & Barry's - Poor experience | Glassdoor

"Poor experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

It was an extremely easy hiring process. I was hired on the spot with simply describing myself. The items there were cheap with a modest employee discount.

Cons

The hours given were horrible and the manager always remained in the backroom. I do not think my manager even remembered my team during the tenure I worked there.

Advice to Management

The leadership is horrible with my experience with the manager. She never seemed positive and always changed the appearance of the store for no reason.

Other Employee Reviews for Steve & Barry's

1. "Chaos"

Pros

Medical is paid for in full by employer, however you must pay entirely for family members

Cons

Company run basically by 23 year old college grads with no relevent experience

Advice to Management

Hire some experienced people, not just college grads with grand ideas and NO experience

2. "Great concept; Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Store Director
    Current Employee - Store Director

Pros

Steve & Barry's District managers were all store managers at one time. The company believes in having experience at the DM level, but settled for a lack of experience at the Corp. executive level. Opportunity for advancement, wages, work/life balance is great compared to other retailers

Cons

Financial stability, Poor Communication from corp office, last minute planning for major events

Advice to Management

Start recruiting experienced Managers for the critical roles at Steve & Barry's; Implement cost controls at store level, and communicate company directives effectively.