StoneMor - Opportunity knocks simply open the door~ | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

"Opportunity knocks simply open the door~"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Lafayette, CA
Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very rewarding feeling helping families make one of their biggest decisions in life. Most importantly educating families so they can make a soundly decision. Plus my peers are the most passionate people with a great positive vibe spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Not to mention the financial rewards are endless with great growth opportunities.

Cons

The data access is still in the stone age using a file system and at times data is redundant in different locations. Having a CRM system in place will increase productivity much more and it will centralize all the data with up to date information. It would also be more professional to have a company email address opposed to using a free email address such as Yahoo or Google. This reflects our outlook working with families based on our email contact. Lastly it would be nice if the company provided the computer workstation to have the tools for the representative to organize, manage, and communicate with their families.

Advice to Management

I have a lot of great ideas especially ways to separate ourselves from our competitors. Being innovative will allow Stonemor to become the leaders of the industry as others will follow. Integrating technology will be key as there's innovative options to create new revenue streams for the company. Also taking a closer look with our current structure with in each location as there's many ways to improve upon them that will be a direct correlations in increasing productivity that will result in exceeding our profit margins.

Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor

"Sales and dipping into trust funds are the only focus"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at the cemetery where I am. I feel it is a really important and meaningful job to take care of families and their loved ones. I just don't respect the corporation that manages it.

Good health insurance for full time employees

Cons

The corporation only cares about their stock holders. No raises for field employees for 2014. Even costs of living raises were not given for 2014 even though the company was profitable in 2013.

Improvement requests for our cemetery are ignored. We have to beg for any major improvements that must be done. Those requests are usually not acknowledged.

Grounds crews are only paid a bit above minimum wage for their caring and hard work.

No sick or bereavement pay for sales reps.

Advice to Management

Regional Sales Managers need to be more motivational not threatienng.
    Corp needs to improve the properties and not just strip them of their assets.
    Let Family Service Advisers have Sundays off to spend time with their families.

2. "A real opportunity if you're willing to seize it!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You actually have the ability to earn 6 figures if you have the drive and able to work smart. This performance based sales position will absolutely pay you what you're worth!! This company is very aggressive and focused on acquisitions. Many opportunities!!!

Cons

Winter sales may require extra effort but the net outcome is always controlled by the individual.

Advice to Management

Stay the course