StoneMor - The company only cares about money, not employees or customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

"The company only cares about money, not employees or customers"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is better than unemployment, JUST BARELY!

Cons

They want you to work like a dog for very little pay or support. customers and staff come in a distant second place to the money. NO support from home office. If you want to advertise you end up paying for it yourself.

Advice to Management

Join the 21st century. calling old files (that have been called 50 times before) to try and get sales is sooooo out of date, classless and rude. Very poor pay for NO company support

Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor

"Sales and dipping into trust funds are the only focus"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at the cemetery where I am. I feel it is a really important and meaningful job to take care of families and their loved ones. I just don't respect the corporation that manages it.

Good health insurance for full time employees

Cons

The corporation only cares about their stock holders. No raises for field employees for 2014. Even costs of living raises were not given for 2014 even though the company was profitable in 2013.

Improvement requests for our cemetery are ignored. We have to beg for any major improvements that must be done. Those requests are usually not acknowledged.

Grounds crews are only paid a bit above minimum wage for their caring and hard work.

No sick or bereavement pay for sales reps.

Advice to Management

Regional Sales Managers need to be more motivational not threatienng.
    Corp needs to improve the properties and not just strip them of their assets.
    Let Family Service Advisers have Sundays off to spend time with their families.

2. "Great Place to Work? Great Work-life Balance!"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Openness to sharing new ideas, Ability to be a part of the solution, Ability to get involved in many different areas, they promote from within, Excellent Benefits and Compensation. When I came to StoneMor, I was on the 5 year plan and I've been commuting an hour each way for 13+ years now and continue to enjoy it.

Cons

Sometimes it can be stressful but that is every company. Most of the time the work is rewarding. I believe for the most part, employees at StoneMor are happy with their careers and with what StoneMor has to offer.