StoneMor - So Sad That Our World Allows This Company To Do Business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

"So Sad That Our World Allows This Company To Do Business"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being there for the families, a good counselor is the best treatment received by a family. Working with the Funeral Homes, although most talk about the cemetery behind our backs.

Cons

As an employee, it is a disheartening challenge day to day and hour by hour. Over the past 2 years I have seen 32 employees turn over and have had 6 Managers. Only one regional Manager! Thant position never changes? I have never been insulted on a regular basis nor have I worked so hard for NO reward or pay. Seriously harassed, not paid for hours worked and regular threats by the public that are so upset by lies.

Advice to Management

I pray that the Labor Board rips into this company with the KARMA it deserves. I fear for the staff in our cemetery due to broken promises and not providing what has been paid for. I have been cussed, swung at, threatened, blogged and almost ran over with NO support of Management. It is time for employees to come together and give this company what they have given families for years. A nightmare!

Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor

1. "Opportunity knocks simply open the door~"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very rewarding feeling helping families make one of their biggest decisions in life. Most importantly educating families so they can make a soundly decision. Plus my peers are the most passionate people with a great positive vibe spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Not to mention the financial rewards are endless with great growth opportunities.

Cons

The data access is still in the stone age using a file system and at times data is redundant in different locations. Having a CRM system in place will increase productivity much more and it will centralize all the data with up to date information. It would also be more professional to have a company email address opposed to using a free email address such as Yahoo or Google. This reflects our outlook working with families based on our email contact. Lastly it would be nice if the company provided the computer workstation to have the tools for the representative to organize, manage, and communicate with their families.

Advice to Management

I have a lot of great ideas especially ways to separate ourselves from our competitors. Being innovative will allow Stonemor to become the leaders of the industry as others will follow. Integrating technology will be key as there's innovative options to create new revenue streams for the company. Also taking a closer look with our current structure with in each location as there's many ways to improve upon them that will be a direct correlations in increasing productivity that will result in exceeding our profit margins.

2. "A real opportunity if you're willing to seize it!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You actually have the ability to earn 6 figures if you have the drive and able to work smart. This performance based sales position will absolutely pay you what you're worth!! This company is very aggressive and focused on acquisitions. Many opportunities!!!

Cons

Winter sales may require extra effort but the net outcome is always controlled by the individual.

Advice to Management

Stay the course