Stonebridge Life Insurance - My experience at Stone Life Insurance as has been wonderful and it educated m to want to grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stonebridge Life Insurance

"My experience at Stone Life Insurance as has been wonderful and it educated m to want to grow."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

Pros

The Pros to Stonebridge is that it enabled me to do what i loved to do and that is to help customers find the life coverage there family needed that they wanted.

Cons

The downsides to Stonebridge is there was no room for growth and among the customer service and managment the educaton about the procedures and products was unbalanced.

Advice to Management

The advice I would give to the mangement would be to offer the ability to grow across the floor and never stop re-educating across the floor. And to always leave the door open to new and fresh ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Stonebridge Life Insurance

1. "Hell"

Former Employee - Cold Calling - Sales
    Former Employee - Cold Calling - Sales

Pros

-The training was pretty good.
    -For a "just above" entry level job the pay was good and included basic health insurance.
    -Most (but not all) of the managment staff are very friendly and believe that all members of staff be treated alike.

Cons

-The telesales equipment provided was a shambles.
    -When you came to work and take your seat you'd be lucky if it wasn't leaning to the side or missing the back.
    - Headsets were awful, most of them were missing the mic tube, so your potential sales target heard everything int he background and very little of you. Management just ignored the problem if you mentioned it to them.
    -Sales targets are tricky to achieve, hence the massive staff turn-around.
    - If another member of staff wanted to get higher scores they'd mark a failed sales call as "was not at home". This meant you'd end up calling an already irate customer and if honest would mark it as failed sale if like the previous sales person mark it as "was not at home". Not a very good work ethic.

Advice to Management

Being more interactive with staff and more responsive to queries and complaints would be useful. A more fair marking system to avoid the re-calling of customers and ensuring a good sales person is rewared.

2. "Stonebridge Life Insurance Company"

Former Employee - Creative Manager in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Creative Manager in McKinney, TX

I worked at Stonebridge Life Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, almost like family ... until a buyout from an overseas insurance conglomerate, AEGON Insurance Group, completely submerged the culture into a coercive nightmare and suspect business model. Then they absorbed Stonebridge Life into Transamerica Insurance Co. Before that occurred, the pace was reasonable and I loved my coworkers and most of the managers.

Cons

They made some staffing decisions that, in my opinion, tanked an entire business unit. Particularly in regard to the product development strategy. They started creating these ridiculous products with an absurdly low value proposition for a high monthly premium. As I expected, nobody bought the product.. Then they tried to patch it up, but the attempt was feeble and they extinguished a couple of products in this way. They never listened to employees and made all their decisions from Baltimore. It was excruciating to watch.

Advice to Management

I've been gone too long to pretend to know what's currently happening there, so I have no realistic advice to give.