Stop & Shop - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stop & Shop

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Lyme, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Lyme, CT

Pros

Good benifits, management is great to work along side of. And they are very easy going about schedule conflicts and are understable for time off needed for family or personal things.

Cons

Cranky customers who have no concept of how to give you a product that they do not want, they just leave it aside even if you ask them if they wanted it.

Advice to Management

keep up the great job, the management team we have at our store is very top notch and all do actually more then just sit in the glass office, all of them are on the floor helping or talking to employees and actually doing work, not something you normally see at other places of business. They do actually care about customers, employess and how well the store does look and cleanliness of it also.

Other Employee Reviews for Stop & Shop

1. "BAD pay, good job"

Current Employee - Cashier in West Hempstead, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in West Hempstead, NY

Pros

Good place to work, nice environment.. excellent managers... just don't snooze on the job and you will be good.. very nice customers

Cons

hectic... work you to death on busy days and require you to stay otherwise you risk losing hours the next time around

Advice to Management

start promoting people and stop working them to death.. otherwise good job... sometimes favoritism does excist and you need to remove that

2. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI

Pros

The older generation of workers were nice and were very welcoming. Not really that mentally challenging. Easy interview and orientation process.

Cons

Training was basically no-existent. They just threw me into the work with pretty much no explanation as to what to do. I asked for help and all they told me to do was work faster.

I was basically ignored by my supervisor and the other younger co-workers. They only payed attention to me when I was doing something wrong. They never said hi or introduced themselves at all.

The work was extremely labor intensive which no one told me it would be. I knew I would be lifting boxes but what I really had to deal with was just awful. I still have back problems from that.

Overall I hated every minute of it.

Advice to Management

Get better training for your new workers.