Storm8 - Great work environment with awesome people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Storm8

"Great work environment with awesome people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Storm8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Storm8 is an awesome place to work. People are always given opportunities to expand their skills and grow with the company. A passion for quality work is balanced with a fun, friendly atmosphere. Even with 200 people, Storm8 has a great sense of community, fostered by communal meals, company outings and parties, and lots of game rooms.

Cons

At the end of the day, Storm8 is focused on profit. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - everyone needs to get paid (and those free catered meals won't pay for themselves). But it can sometimes stifle creativity, and lead to decisions based on the bottom line, not based on making best-in-class products.

Advice to Management

More hackathons! More opportunities to develop and nurture original ideas. Small, dedicated teams that come up with original ideas and pitch them to the company every month.

Storm8 Response

May 6, 2014 – People Team

We definitely would love to host more Hackathons so that our teams can share more original ideas internally. We appreciate your excitement!

Other Employee Reviews for Storm8

1. "Awesome place to work and play~"

Current Employee - UI Designer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - UI Designer in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Storm8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone I've worked with has been awesome and good at what they do (a lot of them are now straight-up friends, not work buddies) - either easy to learn from or easy to teach. Catered lunch and dinner, snacks, full benefits and mostly laid-back work environment.

Cons

It's starting to get a bit more corporate with the addition of HR, but that's expected once a company gets as large as we are now. Every so often we have crunch time, but the flexible hours during every other non-crunch time more than make up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You've bottled awesomeness, somehow.

"Engineering at Storm8"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Storm8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Went in there without any prior mobile app development experience. After a few time and some projects later you really do learn a lot. A lot of room to grow for a capable and willing engineer. A lot of really brilliant engineers to work with. Everyone is great!

Cons

Sometimes not much choice on which project and team you end up in.

Advice to Management

annual salary raise would be nice