StratMar - unappreciated by senior management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StratMar

"unappreciated by senior management."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

If you love working with people, Stratmar Retail Services is a great company to work for.

Cons

However, this company has its ups and downs. Such as, getting battered by higher management to increase our sales. I understand this is a company that depends on applications, but demeaning your employees is not a way to go about it.

We were not granted rubber matts for our feet because the regional manager said it make us lazy. I don't think making us stand on our feet for eight hours would make us work proficiently than we were previous to those eight hours.

The regional manager was never cordial. Very rude to employees and especially to managers.

Other Employee Reviews for StratMar

"Stratmar is an unorganized mess which results in constant “finger pointing”"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Port Chester, NY
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Port Chester, NY

Pros

The offer a lot of paid time off (vacation, holidays, personal) but they hold you accountable for issues which arise while you're away. They will call you and this leads to you working while on vacation but it's still nice to get away.

Cons

Poor communication, a lot of pushing the blame around, inability to see the big picture, constantly threatens your job, never ending work load, expected to work 7 days a week, threatening emails, upper management will call you during all hours of the night, ignores all labor laws. Overall the most unprofessional environment I’ve ever worked for.

Advice to Management

This company has a lot of growing up to do. They also need to be more concerned with business ethics.

2. "The management as very unorganized and did not have good communication with employees."

Former Employee - District Manager in Port Chester, NY
    Former Employee - District Manager in Port Chester, NY

Pros

It was a convenient commute for me from home to work. I liked most of the employees, just not senior management,

Cons

Incompetent senior management. Bad financial planning. Salaries were not high enough for the amount of work that had to be done or the stress that the work caused.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to care more about their employees in order to create a more cooperative and happy work environment.