StratMar - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - In-Airport Manager
Current Employee - In-Airport Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. StratMar is a great company to work for. Management really cares about the well-being of all employees. Flexible scheduling allows me to attend after school functions with my daughter.

Ethan Charas, StratMar's CEO is a visionary and a leader. He understands what motivates people to succeed and provides his employees with the tools to do so. One of Ethan's true strengths is the way he relates to people. Ethan is a true leader.

Cons

The initial training program is good, however, I believe continuous sales training from the field managers would prove to be advantageous for overall sales and production.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Other Employee Reviews for StratMar

"Stratmar Retail Services review"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Needs to pay what people are worth and better benefits

"Good for short term, definitely not for long term"

Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at StratMar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well the pay is really good. Most commission jobs have a low base pay or none at all. Stratmar starts you off with $12/hr plus commission.

The shifts are short, usually either 4 or 6 hours. That's really all the good stuff.

Also, you work in an airport. That's kind of fun. You get to talk to people from all over the country for a short amount of time.

Cons

Now this is a long list. First, the management. When I was first hired, there were two managers who were there almost all the time. And when they weren't there, they could always be reached by phone. Then about two months in, they fired one of the managers (they told us because they didn't want to pay two manager salaries). Literally 2 hours after this, the other manager got us all on a conference call to discuss an assistant manager promotion that just opened up. What? Then, the remaining manager came into work less and less. In the past few months, I've only seen him twice.

Next the scheduling. While the schedule is pretty flexible, and you can pretty much set what hours you can and can't work, you will be called in constantly. Either someone called off or someone decided they want you to come in for extra help. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't at ridiculous hours. The kiosk opens at 6 am everyday, and the manager will call you at 11pm. The schedules are given out the day before they start, i.e. They come out on Sundays for a work week that starts on Monday. It's incredibly frustrating and impossible to plan your week out.

The job itself. It's challenging. At Midway, you are working for Chase selling Southwest Visa cards. The majority of the job is trying to grab peoples's attention and convince them to sign up for the card. Some days are good, most days are normal, some days are bad. The company goal is for everyone to have at least 1 application per hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there aren't a whole lot of people who want another credit card these days. In a six hour shift, I average about 3-4. Some people do better than that, some people do worse. If you don't reach the goal, you have to either write an action plan or talk to the manager over the phone and explain why. They'll ask you what you can work on to improve your performance, but nothing you say is good enough for them.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with the floor employees more. On site managers are sketchy in their scheduling.