Strategic Financial Solutions - Worked Here for 3 Years and It's an AMAZING company | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "This environment is the most supportive work environment I’ve ever been part of" (in 24 reviews)

• "Potential to make a lot of money" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but you can still have a life" (in 23 reviews)

• "But with the right time management, the work/life balance is sufficient" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Worked Here for 3 Years and It's an AMAZING company"

Former Employee - Finance Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Finance Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really loved and appreciated my job and the owners. The people I worked with are my family and some of my closest friends. I would of still been there but I had to move. The culture is amazing. I loved part of something that is growing like a weed and able to touch so many people's lives. I had the ability to make a lot of money and had fun with the people I did it with.

Cons

I would say long hours but honestly I worked from 10-8 Monday to Thursday and 10-6 on Friday which isn't so bad considering my earning potential.

Advice to Management

I love what you did with the employee ownership. I am sad I had to leave before I really got to benefit from it. I think you need to do more education around it because people don't really understand how much of an amazing benefit it really is.

Strategic Financial Solutions Response

Oct 21, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the amazing review!!! Best of luck on the move. Don't be a stranger.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Could be great; poor planning and TERRIBLE benefits"

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Focuses on employee recognition which isn’t common for call centers.

Cons

The training isn’t good. You’re thrown onto the phones after a half day of a mentor sitting with you. Pretty much set up to fail.

Kind of liked the job but then found out how much insurance was. Almost my whole pay would be gone if I had insurance. Really sad.

If I’m at home throwing up and I have a note from the doctor saying I can’t work, my manager told me I’d still get an attendance point. Really?

Advice to Management

If you really valued your workforce like a family, give health insurance we can afford. We’d be homeless if we signed up for insurance. If we have a doctor note, let us stay home and not get others sick. And improve the training program so we actually have time to be mentored and truly be prepared to handle such important accounts.

Strategic Financial Solutions Response

Oct 21, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review and advice. Every year we look to provide better and lower cost health care solutions because we do value our family of employee-owners. Last year we got a better provider to... More

"All I can do is LOL about my time here"

Former Employee - Litigation Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Litigation Support Specialist

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like everyone else, your coworkers become your family.
    If you need a job now and have no other options this is a great place to work.

Cons

I don’t have all day to sit here and bash this place but some things do need to be said. This company is a scam. They tell their sales reps one thing about the company to give them the incentive to sell, but the servicing side knows better than to trust whatever comes out of the CEO’s or upper management’s mouth. This was a great place to work when I first moved to NYC because it was easy to get and I didn’t need that much experience. I should’ve left after 6 months instead of adding an extra year on that. I worked in the litigation department and I have never experienced more dis functionality in my entire life. They changed protocol and our duties on a daily basis. They used the senior lit reps as the go to people because the managers were too busy sitting in pointless meetings or running off to fool around with some other employee. Our pay did not reflect the stress and work that we put ourselves through on a daily basis. We had to sit there, knowing the company was a scam, and unable to advise our clients to get out while they still can. Unfortunately once it hit my department there was no going back. The amount of people who cried over the phone to you can drive any sane person crazy. It’s sad how employees who were there for 2 months knew more about the product and how to process things more than the managers themselves. They fired 8 employees at the same time due to “integrity infractions” when they have integrity infractions with the product alone. They boasted to other departments how the girls who were fired got fired because they clocked each other in because being late by 1 minute can cause you to get disciplinary action-which is ridiculous when you have to commute into Manhattan on a daily basis. Even after you leave the company they still try and find ways to make your life that much more difficult.

Advice to Management

Firing the manager who cared about the employees is not the answer. You still have people leaving and still have issues in fixing the department. Maybe it’s time to use your brains and take a closer look as to which manager really was the problem?

Discover more reviews about Strategic Financial Solutions.