Strategic Value Media - Without a doubt the worst Job I've ever had. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Without a doubt the worst Job I've ever had."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Strategic Value Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people below management are the only positive.

Cons

Hands down the worst experience I've ever had. I don't think I could've disliked working for this place more than I did. I actually think to myself at my current new job if I have a bad day, "Well at least I'm not working at that poor excuse for a company SVM." I was also not the only person to think this. Actually everyone below management thinks this; however there is likely a gap in communication with the higher ups who truly do not see how miserable their employees are. All around painful and if you are looking for a job I HIGHLY suggest looking anywhere but here.

Advice to Management

I want you to know I left this job for a different position that paid me less money. I took less than the base salary just to leave because of how bad of a company, experience, and job this was. There is no real change I can offer other than stop lying to people when you're hiring them about what the job entails and maybe stop telling them to lie straight up to the people you're forcing them to call 10 times in a row. In truth, you made this job the worst professional experience of my life and I pity any person that follows.

Strategic Value Media Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience here. Your experience at SVM is clearly not the norm and it is quite surprising to hear this kind of... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Sales Rep"

I have been working at Strategic Value Media full-time

Pros

professional environment with great people to work with. Sometimes fun , outings, good base pay.

Cons

Can be very strict with employees, also training could be a little longer to make sure the employees are really set up for success

Advice to Management

longer training

"Inside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Strategic Value Media full-time

Pros

Solid base salary. Good group of young, energetic individuals. Standard business hours and no weekend work. Extensive training.

Cons

The redundant nature of the role wears on you fast. Their media is based off of a dated platform and can be difficult to sell with the lack of data to back it up. Commission is unattainable for at least a year.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are professionals/adults and they will perform and behave as such. Provide more structured opportunities for advancement.

Discover more reviews about Strategic Value Media.