Stratos Product Development - Nice place to work, very sharp group of software, mechanical, electrical, and industrial engineers. | Glassdoor

"Nice place to work, very sharp group of software, mechanical, electrical, and industrial engineers."

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Stratos Product Development

Pros

They are a design firm that designs medical and commercial products. They have a great group of engineers that care about designing the product the correct way. They provide a full team including project managers to a project.

Cons

When they have work to do it is a great place to work, when they don't have work they trim employees. It is a very cyclical type business, super busy for a few months then there is nothing to do, very much at the mercy of the companies that hire them.

Advice to Management

Try not to lead the employees and contractors on in respect to the upcoming work load, be open with your communication.

Stratos Product Development2010-06-20

Stratos Product Development Response

July 30, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We were aware you wanted to transition from a contractor to full time employee. We're sorry the timing wasn't right.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best technical team in the business"

I worked at Stratos Product Development full-time

Pros

Stratos had a very strong engineering and design team. You always had someone to learn from or someone to consult with. The project variety kept it challenging. Overall, an excellent place to work and grow.

Cons

Downtown commute was getting rougher. The workload could be hard to predict in the consulting business.

Advice to Management

Thanks for a great run.

Stratos Product Development2017-06-21

"Out of business"

I worked at Stratos Product Development

Pros

Stratos was a great place to work for many of us for many years. The work of developing products for our clients and helping them be successful came first, and the management took care to make an environment where good engineers and designers felt respected and at home.

Cons

Financial stability was never strong, and Stratos closed at the end of April 2017, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Thanks for creating a great environment and building an experienced, talented team that worked well together. We wish it could have gone on.

Stratos Product Development2017-05-24

Discover more reviews about Stratos Product Development.