Stratos Product Development - Great people, great work | Glassdoor

"Great people, great work"

I have been working at Stratos Product Development full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Work with some of the best, most professional engineers and designers you'll ever meet. Interesting work, both medical and consumer electronics. Great growth opportunities. Good work-life balance. Gym membership. Weekly happy hours. Great bike commuter infrastructure (secure bike storage, showers, gear storage).

Cons

Management tends to sequester information. Staff doesn't have good visibility into the business direction. Work can be intermittent, depending on business.

Advice to Management

Better communication. Share the bad news, not just the good. Share your vision, and your team will help you make it happen.

Stratos Product Development2016-01-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best technical team in the business"

I worked at Stratos Product Development full-time

Pros

Stratos had a very strong engineering and design team. You always had someone to learn from or someone to consult with. The project variety kept it challenging. Overall, an excellent place to work and grow.

Cons

Downtown commute was getting rougher. The workload could be hard to predict in the consulting business.

Advice to Management

Thanks for a great run.

Stratos Product Development2017-06-21

"Out of business"

I worked at Stratos Product Development

Pros

Stratos was a great place to work for many of us for many years. The work of developing products for our clients and helping them be successful came first, and the management took care to make an environment where good engineers and designers felt respected and at home.

Cons

Financial stability was never strong, and Stratos closed at the end of April 2017, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Thanks for creating a great environment and building an experienced, talented team that worked well together. We wish it could have gone on.

Stratos Product Development2017-05-24

Discover more reviews about Stratos Product Development.