Stream Global Services - They just want to fill chairs with bodies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

"They just want to fill chairs with bodies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company will hire just about anyone and they pay a little bit above medium wage. People generally seem nice.

Cons

They seem to just want to fill bodies with chairs. It can feel like being in lock down in a prison. You aren't allowed to bring in laptops, ereaders, tablets, cell phones or usb cords. You also aren't allowed to have paper or writing utensils. They state this is because of client requirements to ensure we don't steal information. However we are limited in our ability to do so called product research because of employee theft. Training is horribly disorganized and it took several days for the groups of new employees to get the different logins we all needed. After a week and a half we still don't have all the logins we need.

Advice to Management

Get training more organized, then it won't take so long and won't cost as much money. Improve your hiring process and increase pay some so you get higher quality employees that won't steal from you or your clients. Allow your employees to have their cell phones and charge them in the office. This is such a small thing that would make people much happier.

Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services

"Horrible. You would be better off finding any other place to work."

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pool tables, lounge, food vendors, games, well ventilated, good co-workers. Team Seniors are for the most part experienced and knowledgeable.

Cons

Micro-management that even your supervisor thinks is over the top. Strict attendance policy. Nit picking where your words are concerned. I received several awards to include the Director's Award for the quarter, however, this made no difference..they do not give raises.

Advice to Management

Revamp the entire management system. Senior techs do not give you the same information twice, supervisors do not stick to their word. Upper management is distant and uncaring.

"It's what YOU make of it"

Current Employee - Quality Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer free college to Stream U. The company also provides a course called P.A.T.H.
    This course helps you understand how the company works and can help you with advancement in the company.
    They also have Team Meetings where the agents an be more involved with the company and community.

Cons

Pay could be better. Advancement can be difficult.

Advice to Management

N/A