Stream Global Services - Great place for the experience and travel..nothing more | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

"Great place for the experience and travel..nothing more"

Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY
Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once you are past the entry level stuff. You can really get some great experience.

Cons

I want to preface this with all of these comments are related to the company in 2009. They have since then change most of their managers. In a small town, you get the small town mentality. Not very open to different sexual orientation as a company. They try to come off as "we support you", but when a Training Manager tells someone they will not go any further because of their sexual orientation that really makes a statement to me. Also, the promotion process is kind of paper thin. When you work your hardest and do very well in your position and get passed up because the other guy had a better "image" it really makes you question how other managers got their position and if they were the best fit.

Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services

"Better Fit In Their Box!"

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapid Advancement for those who are willing to put in the hours/work, cute "perks" like an on-site cafeteria, pool table, internet cafe. Fun to talk and work with people all over the world! Depending on the contract, possibly excellent opportunities after leaving.

Cons

-Poor enforcement of hygiene/dresscodes means some employees are to put it nicely "fragrant"- hope and pray you don't get seated next to the "smelly kid!"
    -Troublemakers or ne'er do wells are often not disciplined and it is difficult to get rid obvious repeat offenders due to the need to keep bodies in seats.
    -Terrible, terrible knowledge of the the Americans with Disabilities Act. Be prepared to fight tooth and nail with HR to keep your job if you need anything remotely resembling special accommodation. Come armed with plenty of documentation.
    -Our contract did as much work (and much, much more in many cases) as the company that outsourced us to Stream, and yet we were paid a fraction, and with the same meager benefits as the contracts that ahem, assisted with satellite radios and DVD rentals. We were rarely acknowledged for the help we gave to fortune 500 companies, save for a "special" tiny break room with a coffee machine we were allowed to use on our 15 minute breaks.

Advice to Management

A little positive reinforcement goes a long way. Enforce all the rules, or none.

2. "Overall a Good Company"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career growth, great site management, constant growth, turnover is pretty low. Compensation is one of the highest in the area.

Cons

No raises in a few years (they use "performance bonuses" to try to compensate for it). The pay isn't high enough for what they expect you to do, especially on one of their deep technical contracts.

Advice to Management

Look into giving everyone a small raise. Cost of living has gone up, even just gas is expensive (ranging from 3.65 - 4.05 a gallon throughout the year). Keep moving in the direction we are in regards to our employees.