Stream Global Services - Better Fit In Their Box! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

"Better Fit In Their Box!"

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY
Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapid Advancement for those who are willing to put in the hours/work, cute "perks" like an on-site cafeteria, pool table, internet cafe. Fun to talk and work with people all over the world! Depending on the contract, possibly excellent opportunities after leaving.

Cons

-Poor enforcement of hygiene/dresscodes means some employees are to put it nicely "fragrant"- hope and pray you don't get seated next to the "smelly kid!"
-Troublemakers or ne'er do wells are often not disciplined and it is difficult to get rid obvious repeat offenders due to the need to keep bodies in seats.
-Terrible, terrible knowledge of the the Americans with Disabilities Act. Be prepared to fight tooth and nail with HR to keep your job if you need anything remotely resembling special accommodation. Come armed with plenty of documentation.
-Our contract did as much work (and much, much more in many cases) as the company that outsourced us to Stream, and yet we were paid a fraction, and with the same meager benefits as the contracts that ahem, assisted with satellite radios and DVD rentals. We were rarely acknowledged for the help we gave to fortune 500 companies, save for a "special" tiny break room with a coffee machine we were allowed to use on our 15 minute breaks.

Advice to Management

A little positive reinforcement goes a long way. Enforce all the rules, or none.

Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services

1. "Overall a Good Company"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career growth, great site management, constant growth, turnover is pretty low. Compensation is one of the highest in the area.

Cons

No raises in a few years (they use "performance bonuses" to try to compensate for it). The pay isn't high enough for what they expect you to do, especially on one of their deep technical contracts.

Advice to Management

Look into giving everyone a small raise. Cost of living has gone up, even just gas is expensive (ranging from 3.65 - 4.05 a gallon throughout the year). Keep moving in the direction we are in regards to our employees.

"Don't work there if you can help it."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired when they need people, but hardly worth your time unless you are desperate.

Cons

It's a call center job so you have to deal with angry customers and you get the absolute minimum amount of break time. Wages were very low compared to other technical support jobs and they played games with the so called "commissions" that turned out to be treated like bonus' and were often denied for lame reasons. Supervisors where often rude to new techs on two different contracts I worked on. Managers were nice for the most part but would give almost no flexibility on the company policies no matter how ridiculous. I was told that because just one person complained out of 600 calls that I needed improvement and was threatened with termination if 2 out of 600 complained. Even if the customers complained about something not in the techs control it was still somehow the techs fault. They wouldn't even throw out a negative survey when the customer mentioned somebody else by name that had given poor customer service. Those who survived for as long as I did cheated and openly admitted to it even at the supervisor level. They avoided customer surveys by not documenting the call or just gave customers things they were not entitled to normally. Tried to bring this to the attention of management via anonymous survey (once in a year) but they did nothing. When I asked management for a suggestion box I was flatly denied. Even tho I worked weekends, late nights and holidays for them, when they didn't need as many people on the contract they started to treat us even more poorly and changed some of our schedules to the least desirable of all, in what I suspect was an attempt to get rid of us without laying us off. When I complained about how unhappy I was with the new schedule change to the floor manager, the person making the schedule and my direct manager I received absolutely no official response to my emails. I should have hired a lawyer and researched hostile work environment before I left so I could quit and get unemployment. WORST company I have ever worked for. Nobody was very happy with their job there, even managers. No raises even if you make supervisor. Poor cleaning in the Beaverton Oregon building with only one janitor for over 1000 people. Lack of parking so as a new hire you will be shuttled into work.

Advice to Management

UPPER management: Stop treating your employees like garbage. Take calls for 8-10 hrs and see what real work is like.