StreetShares - Company Creates Remarkable Opportunities for Members and Employees | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Company Creates Remarkable Opportunities for Members and Employees"

I have been working at StreetShares full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The StreetShares team is comprised of a multitude of exceptionally hard-working individuals, most of whom feel a strong connection to serving small business owners and the military community. The firm fosters a culture of both integrity and excellence with an intense focus on innovation and service to StreetShares’ members.

StreetShares frequently promotes from within and provides opportunity for advancement within the company both in position and in opportunity. The company frequently gives employees the opportunity to acquire and hone valuable new skills. During my 2+ years at the company, I’ve been given multiple opportunities to advance and to impact entrepreneurs in the military community. The leadership team has a true interest in the careers of employees irrespective of experience level or tenure and works hard to foster professional development among the team.

Building products and services for underserved populations of the military community feels altruistic in nature but also provides for an exciting and challenging work environment. If you’re looking for job satisfaction; if you’re looking to make a difference; if you’re looking for something bigger; then you’re looking for StreetShares.

Cons

Working at a startup requires employees to acquire a certain level of grit and tolerance to the highs and lows that come with uncertainty.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Need Servant Leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Reston, VA

I have been working at StreetShares full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, smart credit analysts, new office space, we have great customers.

Cons

- Founders make $300k plus. I though this was a start-up? Founders should pay themselves lower than employees because founders get tons of stock.
    - USAA stopped doing business with us when the pilot results were not as they expected.
    - IT Systems still need a lot of work

Advice to Management

Take care of your troops (employees) before yourselves.

"They mean well, but are not delivering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at StreetShares full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your coworkers are really smart, funny people. In theory, the company is poised to do good things for a great mission.

Cons

That mission means little to nothing to the people in charge. The organization revolves are the egos of well paid founders that often derail the work of their much lower compensated employees. It's a start up that isn't going anywhere.

Discover more reviews about StreetShares.