Stripe - Incredible place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stripe

"Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - User Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stripe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone you work with is great, and works really hard. It's really unique in my professional experience. Management cares, and is thoughtful, and active. There's an incredible sense of all being in it together and working toward a common goal. The Stripe product itself is awesome. The offices are to die for (as is the food). But mostly the biggest pro is that here I feel like I've been given the opportunity to work hard and produce the best work I've ever produced. It's a pretty awesome feeling, at the end of the day.

Cons

Information firehose makes it hard to cope with distraction sometimes. Company is a little bit caught between the company it was (small, plucky, engineer-driven), and the company it's quickly becoming (large, global, diverse). Consensus-building, management-lite style may not be your cup of tea if you're from a more decisive, top-down corporate culture where the power to create forward momentum is centralized in managers' hands. As with any workplace there are communication and cultural imbalances between teams, though I believe people recognize this as a bug when they see it, and work toward improving it.

Advice to Management

Be careful to message the company culture into every new hire, regardless of how fast you grow, to maintain what it is that made Stripe feel special to the people who first believed in it. Be careful to stay attentive to the changing needs of teams as they grow in size, especially with regards to management, to avoid becoming the cultural swamp that other manager-free companies like Steam have become (while at the same time preserving the Stripe values of agency, ownership of tasks, and self-direction). Respecting your employees means both giving them the freedom and space to produce their best work, while also giving them the curation, guidance, and support they need to produce that best work. This is something Stripe (amazingly) already has. Be careful not to lose it as Stripe grows.

Other Employee Reviews for Stripe

"Quite content"

Current Employee - User Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stripe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have little to complain about—why not go and work for an incredibly fast growing company that is helmed by an exceedingly bright group of people?

Cons

Work/life balance...but what did you expect?

Advice to Management

I think I'd be talking to all of 4 people at this point ;)

2. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at Stripe full-time

Pros

- Top notch talent
    - Great benefits

Cons

- Lacks clear career development path