Stroock - Staff Beware... | Glassdoor

"Staff Beware..."

Former Employee - Paralegal in New York, NY

I worked at Stroock for less than a year

Pros

You will meet smart people, as in most other Big Law situations. The contacts I made there were helpful in supporting me when I was trying to find other employment after what Stroock did to me...which leads me to the cons section.

Cons

Support staff beware. They recruited me out of a good situation with what was a better offer. They promised me longevity and job stability (that was one of my number 1 priorities). Less than year later, they let me go for lack of billable hours (and gave me a laughable severance package) even though everyone in the legal world knows that summertime is the slowest season. Not only that, they never even consulted the attorneys...

Advice to Management

Support staff is valuable and what management doesn't understand is that people are not meant to be working like slaves all year long. Biggest piece of advice is do a better job with your support staff before you lose all your talent and rightfully so.

Stroock2017-05-31

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Attorney"

I worked at Stroock full-time

Pros

Excellent feedback and work experience, trusted with responsibility and client contact

Cons

As with the legal profession generally, hours can be extremely demanding

Stroock2018-11-26

"Stroock resorts to outsourcing its service departments"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Stroock for more than 5 years

Pros

The firm is up to date on the latest technologies and you can gain hands on experience (if you probe the right people).

Cons

Stroock recently decided to outsource their User Support and Word Processing departments to an MSP to recoup the money it lost during the mass exodus of attorneys headed by former head honcho Stewart Coleman.

Stroock2018-11-08

Discover more reviews about Stroock.