Structural - Best company for fresher | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Structural

"Best company for fresher"

Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Structural full-time (More than a year)

Pros

project is direct given to engineer, site visit of own project, managing the draftsman & drawing.

Cons

all types of projects are at freshers level

Advice to Management

no nothing

Other Employee Reviews for Structural

"30+ years experience - HORRIBLE COMPANY"

Pros

Company probably won't go out of business, thats about it.

Cons

I have 30+ years experience in the construction industry & have never worked for such a horrible company. The company solely cares about making money, not its employees in the least. I had such high hopes when I started in this position but quickly realized how secondary everything is to profit for Peter Emmons. He "talks a good talk" about working environment etc. etc. but all in all it is truly the worst place I have ever worked & I was a salaried employee. Ive never been so thrilled to quit a job.

"Building Envelope New York"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Hawthorne, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Hawthorne, NJ

I have been working at Structural full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is strong and true, to demand quality and safety. Day to day tasks vary a lot which keeps it interesting. There are tons of opportunities to learn and develop within the company, and it is possible to carve out your own path withing the company as well. It is a great opportunity for someone within a few years out of college to grow their career in the PE program. You do play a major role in projects at a young age, getting thrown into the water and learning to sink or swim which is the best way to learn, but can be stressful. The CEO is a really interesting guy and down to earth guy who revolutionized the concrete repair industry and built an empire out of the back of a truck within his lifetime.

Cons

This is true for all construction management positions - the work life balance can be lacking. The work slows down in the winter but during the summer it is a lot of long hours and some Saturdays (unpaid for white collar workers).

Some people are quick to take credit for team successes for themselves and also quick to point fingers when something goes wrong.

Advice to Management

The upper managers spend a lot of time drumming up new business and could spend more time streamlining the jobs and systems we have in place. This is understandable given the growth pressure placed on our branch.