Stryker - Very Satisfying experience in a global company that focuses on employee development and customer satisfaction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

"Very Satisfying experience in a global company that focuses on employee development and customer satisfaction"

Former Intern - Quality Assurance Intern in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)
Former Intern - Quality Assurance Intern in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

I worked at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Engaging superiors who connects with the employee
2) Good remuneration
3) Good effort and performances are being recognized. (Stryker Weekly Star Employee Award which includes shopping vouchers)
4) Many Traveling opportunities for project team
5) Deals with product of the highest quality, a great place to learn about medical device manufacturing industry
6) Family-like workplace

Cons

1) Sometimes long hours which results in unbalanced work-life.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work. Do more to increase your medical influences in China and Asia Pacific region.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. "Market Analytics Intern"

Former Intern - Market Analytics Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Intern - Market Analytics Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to work with all the senior management. A very decentralized, friendly work environment.

Cons

There was no structured internship which meant that I was pretty much the only intern.

"My experience at Stryker Sydney"

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Conveniently placed office near restaurants
    Internal gym
    Clean offices

Cons

Sydney office is a boys club unfortunately where 'anything but' is often excluded. Unfortunately also heard many derogatory comments about others based on who they are - very unprofessional.
    Heard manager tell another staff member publicly that 'you dont fit in here at Stryker'
    Success often depends on how good you are on the football field...just ridiculous.
    Training is poor and my manager would take credit for others work and not waste any time apportioning blame.
    Behaviour is frequently unprofessional.
    A lot of favouratism is shown towards the people with the biggest biceps.
    Turnover is extremely high with extremely poor morale.
    Quite common to see people not work out because of poor guidance and communication - also a culture that allows managers to blame their new starters for 'not being right for Stryker when in fact the manager isnt doing the right thing.
    Unfortunately had something said by my manager (will not share as it is personal and will identify me) which was the most unprofessional - and insulting thing I have ever heard.

Advice to Management

My team has extremely poor morale - rather than band aid solutions you should consider what is causing this from a human resources perspective and stop showing favouratism to people who are trouble makers - there is so much unhappiness because some people are getting away with very unprofessional behaviour that is not appropriate to a modern workforce. Remember that trouble makers cost you a lot of money and that poor reputation in local market follows.