Stryker - Great place to launch a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

"Great place to launch a career"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management's openness and desire to share the company vision and strategic plan with its employees (i.e. a continued focus on acquisitions in revolutionary medical device companies/technology)
Above average benefits and great earnings potential
Great culture and relationships among co-workers

Cons

Lack of structure in career development

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and keep creating that buzz that makes a great culture.
Focus more on developing internal talent

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

This is a great place to launch a career and we are ramping up our University Recruiting efforts to bring more talented college grads to Stryker. The ability to move laterally or upward is very ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. "Love where I work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Autonomy
    driven culture
    professional opportunities
    found great friends
    amenities
    casual friday

Cons

if you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

2. "10 years and counting..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stryker has continually provided opportunities to learn new disciplines and functions with increasing responsibility. I never imagined I would work at one company for more than 10 years, but I have and I am still challenged, growing and engaged.

Cons

Working at a dynamic, growing company is not easy. A Stryker employee cannot become complacent, but needs to continue to grow, change and adapt. Sometimes, it is hard work to keep pace or stay ahead of change.

Advice to Management

With so many employees scattered throughout the world, seek ways to make us feel connected - one Stryker. It would be great to see executive leadership in Kalamazoo more frequently. You have a lot to offer.

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Another employee with 10+ years with Stryker. We have low turn-over because of our competitive advantage, culture, pay, benefits and overall company culture.