Stryker - Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

"Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

Cons

You are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

From the moment I walked into Stryker, I knew I had found my home. The team I interact with works incredibly hard, shares the same values and has fun while they're at it. There are unlimited opportunities for training and professional development, and if training isn't enough, there is always someone willing to provide insight to help you grow and develop. If you love to work hard, own your own development and want to be a part of an excellent team, this is the place for you!

Cons

If you like your day-to-day activities spelled out for you, this may not be the best fit. You have the autonomy to execute your tasks in a way that makes sense for you, without being micromanaged. It's up to you to create a balance that allows you to succeed professionally and personally.

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Most people feel the way you did when you joined Stryker. We strive to make new hires feel welcome.....as we help you find a "Friend at Work." This is the first company I've worked for that focuses... More

2. "Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Advice to Management

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and... More