Stryker - Love where I work! | Glassdoor

"Love where I work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Recruiter in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
Autonomy
driven culture
professional opportunities
found great friends
amenities
casual friday

Cons

if you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. "10 years and counting..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stryker has continually provided opportunities to learn new disciplines and functions with increasing responsibility. I never imagined I would work at one company for more than 10 years, but I have and I am still challenged, growing and engaged.

Cons

Working at a dynamic, growing company is not easy. A Stryker employee cannot become complacent, but needs to continue to grow, change and adapt. Sometimes, it is hard work to keep pace or stay ahead of change.

Advice to Management

With so many employees scattered throughout the world, seek ways to make us feel connected - one Stryker. It would be great to see executive leadership in Kalamazoo more frequently. You have a lot to offer.

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Another employee with 10+ years with Stryker. We have low turn-over because of our competitive advantage, culture, pay, benefits and overall company culture.

2. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Portage, MI

I have been working at Stryker part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stryker lets you drive your own career. If you are a performer, you can plan your next move within the company. You are not stuck heading down one career path. We have engineers in HR, finance people turned recruiter, etc.
    401(k) plan is amazing!
    We have such a great team of people who are driven to provide the best, safest products to our customers.

Cons

If you can even count this as a con, we are always busy. However, we hire the types of people that thrive in this kind of environment.