Stryker - Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

"Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products."

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

Cons

The interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

"Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

Cons

You are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

2. "Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Advice to Management

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and... More