Stryker - Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

"Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products."

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

Cons

The interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

"Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

Cons

You are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

From the moment I walked into Stryker, I knew I had found my home. The team I interact with works incredibly hard, shares the same values and has fun while they're at it. There are unlimited opportunities for training and professional development, and if training isn't enough, there is always someone willing to provide insight to help you grow and develop. If you love to work hard, own your own development and want to be a part of an excellent team, this is the place for you!

Cons

If you like your day-to-day activities spelled out for you, this may not be the best fit. You have the autonomy to execute your tasks in a way that makes sense for you, without being micromanaged. It's up to you to create a balance that allows you to succeed professionally and personally.

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Most people feel the way you did when you joined Stryker. We strive to make new hires feel welcome.....as we help you find a "Friend at Work." This is the first company I've worked for that focuses ... More