Stryker - Incredible Company | Glassdoor

"Incredible Company"

Former Contractor - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX
Former Contractor - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Stryker as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My team was amazing. Very supportive of personal growth. My manager got to know who we were as individuals and used our Gallup personality traits to learn how to work with each of us individually. The work was different every day, which was exciting. There are always new things to learn and new opportunities around the company.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that because there are so many opportunities within the company, people often move around. I have the opportunity to get to know someone, and before I know it, they move on.

Advice to Management

All of the management at Comm were extremely nice. I was an intern/co-op for most of my time with Stryker, but I felt totally comfortable talking with management. That's not something you can experience at most companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

"Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products."

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

Cons

The interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!

2. "Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Advice to Management

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and ... More