Stryker - Internship at Stryker | Glassdoor

"Internship at Stryker"

Current Intern - Intern in Fremont, CA
Current Intern - Intern in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The products and market segment serviced are very interesting, with division Presidents that are extremely passionate about their products and people. All employees are very intelligent and are able to fully grasp new concepts and ideas if they are conveyed in a reasonable manner.

Cons

There are a large amount of employees that have worked here for either 2-3 years or 15+ years, there is no real middle area.

Advice to Management

Allow employees the opportunity to be cross trained in multiple areas, a job rotation program.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. "Best Company for Interns"

Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in San Jose, CA
    Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The interns are valued so highly at Stryker. They are given real, meaningful projects that make an impact on their division and the company as a whole. They are always encouraged and their opinions valued by the full time employees. They are given the opportunity to meet with people in upper management including a video chat with the CEO, Kevin Lobo. It is such an amazing opportunity to work with people who are so invested in your success. A personal manager and mentor work so hard for ever intern to keep them engaged, working hard, and learning. The culture at Stryker is also wonderful. It is a "work hard, play hard" attitude at most divisions. Personally, I don't know a single intern who doesn't love their job at Stryker, and after hearing from friends at other companies, this by far seems like the best internship.

Cons

It is a challenging position to get as the interview process is one of the most extensive of any company. The largest one is that the pay is decent, but not at the high end, particularly for full time engineering positions. As an intern though, the pay is competitive and a few divisions include housing. Also, I have heard experiences vary between the divisions, but in general, I have no big complaints.

Advice to Management

Thank you for valuing the interns. It makes a big difference, and I hope you continue to hire so many of us.

2. "Amazing Internship Experience"

Current Intern - Finance Intern in San Jose, CA
    Current Intern - Finance Intern in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment working with extremely talented professionals. Interns are given projects that have a substantial impact on the business and are able to work autonomously with support from managers and coworkers when needed. Great work life balance as Stryker employees like to work hard and play hard. Amazing opportunities to meet with upper management including the president of a division as well as Kevin Lobo. Everything is very results driven and relationship based, which I see as a great balance. Overall a great company that cares about its employees.

Cons

The internship experience has been amazing so its hard to find any cons as an Intern.