StubHub - Meet the challenge and beat it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StubHub

"Meet the challenge and beat it"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

Pros

If you are innovative and have ideas, you will be heard. Going forward is the only direction we know about. Fun place to work, sporting environment, free tickets to games, parties.
Overall a great place to work.

Cons

Still maturing in terms of communication and processes. But we take it as an opportunity as opposed to a drawback.
Not very transparent.

Advice to Management

Have more communication and make it more transparent to the employees at all levels.
Telecommuting seems like "Working for home" as opposed to "Working from home".

Other Employee Reviews for StubHub

"Professional and fun in the same sentence—a rarity at a medium-sized internet company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The perks are really the people that surround you. We have our jobs to do but co-workers help keep the workday moving nicely. The location is awesome too. San Francisco—just south of Market/Downtown. Great eats. Easy access to BART, MUNI, Cal-Train and the Ferry. The working hours are fair. I'm in between 8:45-9:00 and out no later than 6.

Cons

The work pace is an unpredictable mix.

Advice to Management

There's an area of opportunity with genuine employee recognition. Sometimes it's the little bits of recognition that can fuel an employee to go the extra miles.

"Fast-paced, sports & entertainment meets e-commerce, very smart people, industry leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

All of the benefits of being owned by a big company (eBay), but still has a Bay Area start-up feel. Awesome location, (SOMA) San Francisco. Fantastic people. A best-in-class e-commerce company with a lot of innovation ahead. Kicking Ticketmaster's ass.

Cons

Some people think we are scalpers, and we sell our own tickets. We are a marketplace, and a marketing machine.

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent in our success.