Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Recruiting Process and Culture

Feb 19, 2019 - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Best recruiting process I've ever experienced. Detailed and timely responses from HR, quick interview process (~2 weeks total with 4 different people), and I was never left waiting to hear/confused about what was happening next - Easy on-boarding with all need-to-know documents in one place - Culture met my expectations -- easy to ask management/colleagues questions, very transparent with business, lots of opportunities to give feedback/impact the business, FUN

Cons

- The time difference between the US and Germany offices/cultural differences can be challenging, but I know we do the best we can

Stylight Response

People & Organization Manager

Dear Stylighter, thank’s a lot for your very kind words about the recruiting process and Stylight. We are very happy that you are so satisfied and that you feel comfortable working at Stylight. Of course we can understand that the time difference isn’t always easy and we appreciate your honest feedback. Kind regards, Your People & Organization Team

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Definitely Recommend

Feb 22, 2016 - Business Development in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Stylight for almost 3 months now, and I can't believe just how much I learned from the amazing team and environment. If you like handling different responsibilities while being in a fun startup environment, Stylight would be a GREAT place for you. There are so many ways for you to grow and learn. Plus, you have the freedom to work at your own pace, as long as you meet your set goals. And when you're surrounded with such passionate coworkers, trust me you'll want to work till you go above and beyond your goals!

Cons

You'll get addicted to coffee!

2. 2.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

NY Office Could Use Some Help

Feb 15, 2016 - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a laid-back environment and the office itself is in a good location. The internships' full-time hours also gives one the opportunity to get a complete picture of how the company is run.

Cons

The NY office amassed an entire team of interns (the full-time-to-intern ratio was about 6-1) to build out the content on the U.S. site, while expressly leading interns to believe that there would be a plethora of full-time opportunities available within the company at the conclusion of their internships. It quickly became apparent that this was not the case, however, and multiple employees were relieved of their duties in a less-than-courteous manner. One employee, for example, was let go the day after management announced that she had been promoted from an intern to a full-time employee. Poor management aside, the U.S. branch of the company lacks a true voice and identity, and it is without a clear plan for how to make a name for itself within the U.S. editorial market.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Stylight.