Subway - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Subway

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sandwich Artist in Gulfport, MS
Current Employee - Sandwich Artist in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at Subway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work with my schedule for school

Cons

pay is not great, lack of hours

Other Employee Reviews for Subway

1. "Easy Part Time Work"

Current Employee - Person In Charge in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Person In Charge in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at Subway part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have an awesome manager, Subway promotes from within only, so he was someone I worked with and respected before he became manager. Also the pay raises are good and easy to get...you can make up to 10 bucks an hour, still not being a manager. You get a free meal whenever you work so that helps save a lot on groceries.

Cons

The employees you have to work with can be horrible...its hard to find good workers at a job with such high turnover rates... Also, the work can be pretty boring. and repetitive. Upper management can be hard to deal with.

Advice to Management

Inspectors need to be understanding that an older busier store can't be run perfectly or look great all the time...be understanding that the employees are doing the best they can!

2. "Ridiculous work for minimum wage"

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Darboy, WI
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Darboy, WI

I worked at Subway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- the other employees and manager CAN be decent, depending on the person just because everyone hates the work and all you really have is eachother
    - can make free subs sometimes if your sneaky or there's a cool manager

Cons

- you get min wage for manager-worthy work like opening and everything
    - get a lot of responsibility, like making ALL the bread when you open and getting everything ready and I mean EVERYTHING
    - closing sucks even more, there's three times as much work and you have to stay late sometimes
    - corporate business, obviously it sucks there's not much appreciation of employees
    - you get treated like total crap if you make one mistake and I'm not exaggerating
    - every once in a while a corporate upper management person will come in and jump in out of nowhere acting like they work in the restaurant when all they really deal with is an office

Advice to Management

appreciate your employees more. Give people chances to learn and actually TRY to train and have a system (3 months into the job there were things I had no idea how to make or what they even were). Make sure ALL employees follow rules if your going to reprimand one employee for it. Pay more than minimum wage you cheap big wigs. Oh and actually give benefits, at least to managers. Its not like any owners of subway are hard on money.