Subway - The pay at Subway starts out very low, and takes years to increase. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Subway

"The pay at Subway starts out very low, and takes years to increase."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Cloud, MN
Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Subway full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to sell, and manage in your own style.

Cons

Schedule is all over the place. Very physically demanding.

Advice to Management

The staff in every store works so incredibly hard. They should be compensated better than they are. The old saying holds true. "You get what you pay for". The Franchise owners seem to be too disconnected from the daily activities at their stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Subway

1. "There is no room for "outside the box" thinking."

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Subway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer very flexible scheduling, and it's not hard work. They pay competitively, and aren't too strict on time off requests.

Cons

They expect you to work like an assembly line machine, but creating personalized sandwiches makes this almost impossible. There is also a very high turnover rate, meaning you aren't likely to have long-term coworkers, or management.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns a little bit. Give your employees a little more wiggle room to customize a sandwich more appropriately to a customer's wishes. Also, stop instilling a mindset in your employees that a sloppy sandwich made quickly is better than a perfect sandwich made slowly.

2. "I am a Shift Lead, Senior Sandwich Artist, and Sandwich Artist"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Subway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got the time off that I needed because I did so well and pleased the manager.

Cons

There are NO benefits if you work at Subway. My manager wasn't the best. I didn't know my schedule until about a day or two before the start of the week. It is because of that that I wasn't able to make very many plans (both educationally and socially).

Advice to Management

Please, be involved with the team. Don't just deligate and think you can do whatever because you are the manager. You have no idea how important it is to be involved if you're a manager. Make sure the employees know their schedule in an ample amount of time (probably two weeks in advance, if at all possible)