Success Academy Charter Schools - The chaos of the administration falls on the teachers | Glassdoor

"The chaos of the administration falls on the teachers"

Former Employee - Associate Teacher

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time

Pros

The level of passion from fellow teachers is great. Students are often eager to learn. Good food catered.

Cons

It's their way or the highway. And good luck striking a work-life balance. Very demanding with little time baked in the day to prep. Student treatment needs to be revisited. Needs more racial diversity-- how could you not realize the problems with banning headscarves (to name just one example)?

Advice to Management

Teachers are spread way too thin between duties and lesson planning. The training felt less like a preparation for teaching, and more like a time to align teachers on their way of doing things. By the end of it, I was not confident in my ability to write a lesson. Restructure certain hierarchies-- content and classroom management ought not be separate.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-02-25
  1. "Supportive Working Environment"

Current Employee - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supremely qualified, effective and nurturing upper-management. I'm constantly inspired by the talent and dedication of the people at this organization. Everyone puts their hearts and souls into helping SA students and schools.

Cons

The unfair negative press about these excellent schools can be disheartening.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-07-01
  2. "Great start to my career"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

Pros

Very mission driven, high values, intense but warm culture

Cons

not a 9 to 5 job

Advice to Management

Keep on re-imagining public education for the kids!

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-07-17

Discover more reviews about Success Academy Charter Schools.