KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Outstanding teacher and staff development!

Sep 23, 2019 - Assistant Principal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Success Academy was my first teaching job out of my masters program and I am so grateful for this. The professional development you find at success is truly hard to come by. It is here that I learned more about teaching than I have throughout my undergraduate and masters degree because of the level of development Success puts into each and every teacher. Leadership is always in your classroom giving you actionable feedback and leading you through purposeful and rich professional development sessions. You are constantly asked what your goals are and how they can best support you in achieving them. It is not an easy job. It requires grit and passion - but it is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had. I have now been with Success for 8 years and have developed into an Assistant Principal role. What I love most is that my development hasn't stopped. I am constantly supported in how I could be better. It is a job where I never feel stuck in a routine or bored. I feel challenged every day and absolutely love it. Whether you are fresh out of school or are looking to further your development, I highly recommend giving Success a try.

Cons

It isn't an easy job and they are looking for highly motivated individuals. However, it is a job that is hard to pass up when you consider the development you will receive and the impact you can have.

2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Endless opportunities to explore and advance your career.

Nov 8, 2021 - Team Lead Video Production in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work primarily at the Network office --not schools --so my review is about the teams there. My role does take me to many schools and I have had the privilege to meet many friendly and helpful people willing to collaborate, but I have not worked closely with them. In my experience this place has endless opportunities to explore and advance your career. Excellent work-life balance with good benefits. The management team really seems to care about their employees i.e. retaining employees and developing careers. In my field, you may have to work late or weekends sometimes when the business needs you too, but that is balanced with the ability to work from home when YOU need to; it's a fair. Also the current 3 days in office/2 days from home is great. Compensation is competitive. No complaints here. Its also got an incredibly ambitious mission. This place is trying to change the world for the better--that's a pro in my book.

Cons

This place works at the speed of business. Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to pivot are important attributes. It's not everyones cup of tea, I know. People, in general, are more transparent and helpful than in previous jobs I've had --but this place has the internal politics you would expect of any large organization. Its filled with human beings after all. To be fair to SA: the larger Enterprise Services team I'm on is actively working on this issue-that's appreciated. SA thrives because of all the skilled, incredibly ambitious people here. But IMHO a YOU need to be ready to be an ambitious self-starter to thrive here. There is not a ton of long-term hand-holding, or people just punching in and out here. Its a passionate group --which at the end of the day, could be a con for some people. Not me, but just sayin...

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Success Academy Charter Schools Response

Founder & CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging work, but extremely rewarding work

Dec 7, 2021 - Content Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a former teacher and current employee at the network side, SA challenges you to be self reflective and step out of your comfort zone. You will pick up a lot of soft skills from working with school routines and with children. I love that SA provides EVERYTHING for our kids, and students can focus on their education. The curriculum is strong, and children are learning concepts in ways that many of us adults have not been exposed to in the past. This job can be challenging, but is extremely rewarding knowing that you can be a catalyst for how education is viewed in our country.

Cons

Teaching hours are long, and you can be susceptible to burn out. Without proper time management, you can find an imbalance in work life/social life. However, there are many breaks (ie. winter break, summer break, spring break) as a teacher that can make up for the imbalance. If what you do on a day to day basis is in service of the children, that motivation helps with the burnout/longer hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Success Academy Charter Schools.