Success Academy Charter Schools - Summer 2013 Internship | Glassdoor

"Summer 2013 Internship"

Former Intern - Data Reporting Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Data Reporting Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent my summer surrounded by the top leaders in education, sharing my ideas in meetings, out in the field with scholars, and branding myself as a champion for education reform. At Success I felt appropriately challenge and supported. The work I was involved in used my skills and pushed me to learn more, not only about my focus of study, but education as a whole, in a very comprehensive and holistic manner. The staff was incredibly helpful, genuinely care about their interns, and go out of their way to ensure our needs were met. One of the highlights of my summer experience was the intern learning series which served as networking events and professional development opportunities for the students in the program. I've interned at several places before this and have never had the level of care and tailored support that I received at Success. I highly recommend Success to any one, in any field. Education goes well beyond the teaching and learning in the classroom. Success has a place for you.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. You are treated like a core member of the team through and through.

Advice to Management

Keep the intern learning series going!

Other Employee Reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools

1. "Dedicated colleagues, supportive work environment with room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a mission-driven organization Success Academy attracts dedicated, intelligent employees and fosters a supportive team environment. The organization is growth-oriented, and supports the professional development of all staff. Employees are recognized for hard work and achievements - if you care about ed reform and are eager for new professional opportunities, Success Academy is a great fit.

Cons

Currently transitioning from start-up mode

"High Turnover, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great mission
    2. Benefits are very good.

Cons

1. Poor Management: Management tends to fire those who voice opposition. Look at the turnover data for the Network office...team Ops, team Enrollment...etc.

2. Mostly young, inexperienced staff. The poor management is directly reflective of inexperienced staff.

3. Unrealistic work expectations with no additional compensation or concern for staff well being. In a "no excuses" environment, even being ill with cancer is no excuse for taking a day off.

4. I cannot stress enough how poor the management of department directors and other senior staff is. My manager was the most unprofessional, unqualified person I had worked with in my career.

Advice to Management

Examine the high turnover rate and be honest about it. There are several directors whose turnover rates for their departments should be analyzed.